This is my go to banana bread recipe. I will have to say this is is pretty good. My love absolutely loves this and if I would let him he would probably eat this in one sitting hahaha! He is a junk food junkie I tell you. It is very easy to make, and more than likely you have most of the ingredients already on hand. I have made this about a number of times.
From Vegweb.com heres the link for the full recipe and directions you may also check out reviews http://vegweb.com/index.php?topic=13413.0
Bellow are a few changes I have made listed in bold.
- 1 cup of sugar (I have used sugar on the raw, Xylitol but beware I feel that Xylitol is sweeter than regular sugar so I actually used 3/4 cup I still thought it was sweet but Hubby thought it was perfect!)
- 1/2 cup of butter substitute (Earth Balance can be used but I use Raw Coconut Oil )
- egg substitute for 2 eggs (2 tablespoons of flax, ground up works well, and 6 tablespoons
- of water) - 1/2 cup of Apple Sauce is also a good substitute
- 3 bananas (though 2 will work)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups of flour - I use White Whole Wheat
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla