Pages

11.07.2009

Yummy-est Vegetarian Chili

My messy bowl of yumminess!

VEGETARIAN CHILI

*I used all organic ingredients

Ingredients


  • 1 (11 ounce)Can of condensed black bean soup --I used organic canned black beans

  • 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans, drained, rinsed

  • 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans, drained, rinsed

  • 1 (16 ounce) can vegetarian baked beans

  • 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can tomato puree

  • 1 (15 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained--I used frozen corn
  • 1 onion, chopped
  • 1 green bell pepper, chopped
  • 2 zucchini chopped --DId not have any so I didn't include this!
  • 2 celery stalks, chopped
  • 2 garlic cloves, minced

  • 1 (4 ounce) can diced chilies---I did not use this
  • 1-2 jalapenos, chopped (Optional I did not use this either)
  • 1 tablespoon chili powder
  • 2 teaspoons cumin
  • 1 tablespoon dried parsley
  • 1 tablespoon dried oregano
  • 1 tablespoon dried basil
  • 1 tablespoon cilantro (optional)

Directions

1 In a saucepan, saute the onion, bell pepper, zucchini, and celery for about 5 minutes.
2 In a slow cooker, combine black bean soup, kidney beans, garbanzo beans, baked beans, tomatoes, corn, onion, bell pepper, zucchini, jalapeno, chilies, and celery.
3 Season with garlic, chili powder, cumin, parsley, oregano, basil (and cilantro if using).
4 Cook for about 6 hours on low.
5 Serve with tortillas, cornbread, rice, or French bread.

*This freezes well!
*Leftovers are good on top of nachos!



I topped this with Mozarella since thats all I had but I would recommend something else instead...not sure what.



This was very yummy this is probably the second time Ive ever had chili. The pictures are from my leftovers I ate this 3 days in a row for lunch since we were only 3 we had a lot of leftovers! My husband and brother in law loved it! We had it for dinner again another night from the leftovers and my husband was like "wow, this is so good you dont even notice theres no meat in it!" to which my brother in law replies,"What , theres no meat in this?...I never noticed!"

I think that it tasted even yummier the next day. I wish I could do this all the time because it is seriously easy and so delicious but I got to say I seldom eat anything from a can for many reasons but I did check all the labels of the products I used to make sure they were as clean as possible and organic. This chili was a perfect reason to excuse myself from my non-canned food eating...it was worth the risk.

I will more than likely cook the beans I can at home next time I make it instead of getting canned.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails