Pages

11.18.2009

Something to think about...Devotional by Evangelist Allen Domelly

Hello everyone! I hope you're having a blessed week so far. Today I'd like to share a devotional I read these just about everyday, everyday a different lesson. I thought I should share this one with you today with the hope that it will reach someone and be a blessing. When I read this it grabbed a hold of my heart and I want to share this devotional on Gods love with you.

John 3:16’s Lesson

John 3:16
“For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.”

One of the greatest verses in the entire Bible is John 3:16. It is most likely, the most well known verse in the world. In this verse you will find the Gospel. If the only verse a person ever read in the Bible was John 3:16 they have read enough Bible to get saved.

But one of the greatest lessons we learn from this verse is that God loves us. Notice it says that “...God so loved the world...” This love of God for the world was so great that the only way He could explain this love was to say He “...so loved the world...” Let me simply remind you of a few lessons this verse shows us about God's love.

First of all, God loves you! It doesn't matter who you are or what you have done in life, God loves you! God loves the drunkard as well as the sober person. God loves the pure person as well as He loves the harlot. God loves the atheist as much as He loves the religious person. God loves the poor person as much as He loves the rich person. There is no prerequisite to obtaining God's love other than being a part of this world.

Secondly, He loves you because of who you are and not because of what you are. This verse did not say God loves a person because of what they are doing for Him. No, in fact, God loves you because of who you are. I thank God that His love for me is not because of what I do but because of who I am. If His love were only because of what I do, then His love would be a conditional love. But you must understand that God's love is not a conditional love, God's love is an unconditional love. That means that God loves you!

Thirdly, God loves you in your present condition. It doesn't matter how deep sin has taken you, God's love can reach to you. It doesn't matter how much sin has ruined your life, God still loves you. It doesn't matter that you have disappointed God as a Christian, God still loves you. You may have done something last night, but God loves you in your present condition. Whether you murdered someone, aborted a baby, lost your purity, messed your life up on drugs, sit in a prison cell or committed any other “horrible” sin, God loves you right where you are. Yes, because of God's love we should stop committing our wickedness, but God loves you in your present condition. No matter what the depth of sin you have committed, God's love reaches to where you are.

Lastly, you can't keep God from loving you. I know there are people for some unknown reason who may say they don't want God to love them, but let me remind you that you can't keep God from loving you. God’s love is not conditional on whether we love Him; God's love is conditional on the fact of His choice to love us. Though you may not want God to love you, you can't stop Him from loving you. Though you may continue to live in sin, your sin does not keep God from loving you.

I simply write this to remind you: God loves you! As you go throughout your day today I want you to be reminded of one thing; God loves you. Go ahead and tell yourself right now that God loves you. You ask how I know God loves you and I will tell you that I know He loves you because in John 3:16 the Bible tells me so.



To contact Evangelist Allen Domelle, send an email to contact@oldpathsjournal.com.

I sure hope this was a blessing to you, as it was to me.

Love,
Jeni

Gods love a gift to you and me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails