Pages

11.18.2010

Dairy Free Apple Cobbler with a KICK!

Last night I felt my very first kick…HOORAY…at first I wasnt quite sure but when I felt the second and third back to back I just knew it! It kinda felt like a muscle twitch in my lower abdomen. I was soo soo excited! It happened during some amazing preaching at my church I guess it even got baby going =D

As far as my pregnancy goes everything is going great! I have managed to nearly have a spotless house. Caught up on a lot of things I need to do around the house. I have noticed my back begins to hurt really bad already after vacuuming and sweeping…which honestly doesnt seem like much to do that much damage. I have never had any back problems whatsoever so I know its definitely the baby weight =D

So in celebration of our Jellybeans first kick, Chris and I made a yummy, oh so bad dairy free Apple Cobbler it has 1 egg so its not vegan…sorry. It was the first time either of us had ever made one and it came out delicious. The original recipe is not necessarily dairy free but we managed to make all the substitutions. Im not sure if I will post tomorrow so just in case I hope you all have a lovely blessed weekend - Jeni


First Kick 11/17/2010
16 Weeks and 5 Days



Dairy Free Apple Cobbler (substitutions indicated bellow)
Adapted from: www.pennsyapples.org

Layer filling in a 2 quart pan

Sprinkle Topping

Right out of the oven, it was bubbling over! 
Enjoy!
Ingredients for Filling:
  • 6 cups apples, peeled and sliced (1 apple was equivalent to 1 cup, but that varies on size of apple you use)
  • 1/2 cup brown sugar
  • 2 Tbsp. cornstarch
  • 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
  • 1 1/4 cups water
  • 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
  • 1/2 tsp. grated lemon rind
  • 1 Tbsp. butter or margarine (We substitute with Raw Coconut Oil)
Topping:
  • 1 cup flour
  • 2 Tbsp. sugar (We use Sugar in the Raw)
  • 2 tsp. baking powder
  • 1/4 tsp. salt
  • 1/4 cup butter or margarine (We substitute with Raw Coconut Oil)
  • 1 egg, beaten
  • 1/4 cup milk (We used So Delicious Coconut Milk)
Use Dairy free substitutions*
Filling:
In saucepan, combine brown sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon, water, lemon rind, juice, and butter. Stir in sliced apples and cook until hot, about 10 minutes. Spoon into a 2-quart casserole. Prepare topping for cobbler.
Topping:
Sift together dry ingredients. Cut in butter. Mix egg with milk and add all at once to dry ingredients. Stir only enough to moisten all ingredients. Drop into mounds on hot apple mixture.
Sprinkle top with an additional tablespoon of sugar and 1/4 tsp. cinnamon. Dot with approximately 1 Tbsp. butter.


1 comment:

  1. ok so i just might have to try this.... asap! My back has been giving all kinds of trouble lately!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails