Pages

8.25.2011

Carrot Cake Oatmeal

I stumbled upon this recipe the other day and quickly said "ewwww" haha Last night as I browsed online for recipes I stumbled upon it again so I decide to give it a try and I was pleasantly surprised! It is yummy!




serves 2

Ingredients




2/3 cups cooked steel cut oats
1/2 cup shredded carrots
2 cups unsweetened non dairy milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon cinnamon
½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
pinch ground cloves

Optional health boosts: ground flaxseed, chia seeds
Sweeten with agave or honey.

GARNISH
Diced fresh pineapple, toasted walnuts, or raisins. I only had raisins and almonds so thats what I added, but can't wait to try it with pineapples. 

Directions

In a medium saucepan, bring milk, carrots, vanilla, cinnamon, ground nutmeg and cloves to a boil. Add oats cook thoroughly, add desired garnish, sweeten if desired and enjoy!

Heres an option I found as an add on. I have not tried it though.
CREAM CHEESE TOPPING (CAN BE MADE WITH NON DAIRY CREAM CHEESE)
1/4 cup cream cheese at room temperature
2 tablespoons maple syrup
In a small bowl, stir cream cheese until smooth (use fork). Stir in maple syrup.


Hope you enjoy this as much as I did. Even my eight year old sister enjoyed this. 

2 comments:

  1. It is i just realized I typed ginger instead of nutmeg big whooops! Let me go fix that.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails