Pages

2.05.2009

Things to remember!

Last night in church a very important truth was preached:

1 Thessalonians 5:18
In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.


In hard times and in good times...in everything give thanks! When times are hard we forget the many many things we have to be thankful for. The bible strictly says that we should be thankful in everything. It says its the will of God. Now things we have to ask ourself in our low times:

Do you want to be in Gods will?
Do you realize that in EVERYTHING we are COMMANDED to give thanks?

We all have our fair share of low times some more than others and we feel unloved perhaps even forgotten. We just have to realize the many things we have to be thankful for.

Heres my short list off the top of my head:
My salvation- Jesus dies for me shed his blood on the cross for me!
My church - I have a place to worship freely.
My Bible - an unlimited book of answers.
My husband- he loves me respects me and is my gift from God!
My home - so many dont have a place to call home.
My family - an unlimited group of support.
The few friends that are actually that- its good to have someone to trust and have fun with.

The greatest news is that in our hard times we have the promise that everything works out together for good. Since whatever happens in our life is Gods will we know that whatever our circumstances it is for Gods glory and he has a purpose in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails