Pages

7.21.2010

Delicious Vegan Corn Chowder


This stuff is yummy and best of all to those who have children. It is kid approved. I have my 7 year old sister with me for the summer and she was begging me all week to make this for her again. The first time she had it she ate 3 bowls. I was shocked at her little tiny self =) I am very happy she is enjoying just about every meal I have made for her, all except a horrible pancake recipe I tried that called for a lot of baking powder up until now she asks me if it has "spices" in it. Haha! If youve had anything with too much baking powder you know what she means. I am happy to report that I have found a delicious vegan pancake recipe, will post later. Onto  the corn chowder =)


Creamy Vegan Corn Chowder

From allrecipes.com 

Ingredients

  • 2 tablespoons olive oil
  • 1 small onion, chopped
  • 1 cup celery, chopped
  • 1 cup carrots, chopped
  • 1 clove garlic, minced
  • 2 1/2 cups water
  • 2 cubes vegetable bouillon
  • 2 cups corn
  • 2 cups soy milk - I use almond milk
  • 1 tablespoon flour - I used corn starch 
  • 1 teaspoon dried parsley
  • 1 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 teaspoon pepper

Directions

  1. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Stir in onions and celery; cook until just slightly golden. Stir in carrots and garlic; cook until garlic is slightly golden.
  2. Meanwhile, bring water to a boil over high heat. Stir in bouillon, and reduce heat to medium. When bouillon cubes have dissolved, add corn and the vegetables from the skillet. Cook until vegetables are tender. Add water, if necessary. Reduce heat to low, and pour in 1 cup soy milk. Stir soup well, then stir in remaining 1 cup soy milk. Quickly whisk in flour. Stir in parsley, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Cook, stirring constantly, until chowder thickens, about 15 to 20 minutes.

I will go on to say that if you want you can add more flour to make it a little more creamy its up to you!
Enjoy!
Jeni

4 comments:

  1. Hey, I'm new to blogging and infertility, and I just wanted to introduce my self. I'm Jess. I enjoy reading about others' experiences and learning from other blogs. Please feel free to follow me! http://jesstryingtoconceive.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sure will Jess, thanks for checking me out =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tried this recipe and have made it twice now, it's that yummy! I switched it up just a smidge - I had some frozen roasted corn, so I used that, which gave the chowder a nice smoky taste, also added some red bell pepper and potatoes. Very tasty!

    Esther

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmm sounds yumm Esther! I love this soup its soo warm and cozy and kinda taste cheezy =)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails