7.22.2010

Best Pancakes ever…and yes they are vegan and whole wheat!

If youre looking for some fluffly, yummy, delicious pancakes oh boy these are it. I cannot begin to tell you how many disappointing pancake recipes Ive tried since becoming vegan. So Ive searched and tried and finally feel like I found a winner. I will go as far as to say these are even better than many regular version of pancakes Ive had throughout my lifetime. I just love these =)



Best Ever Pancakes 
From: Vegweb.com
Ingredients:

  •  1 cup white all purpose flour - I used white whole wheat flour
  •  2 teaspoons baking powder
  •  1/2 teaspoon salt
  •  3 tablespoons sugar - I used Xylitol and have used Sucanat , Sugar on the Raw or Agave
  •  1 teaspoon vanilla
  •  1 egg replacer - I used one ripe banana
  •  1 cup soymilk - I used Almond or So Delicious Coconut milk
  •  2 tablespoons vegetable oil - I use Extra Virgin Olive oil

Directions:
  • Mix wet ingredients in a medium sized bowl.  Mix dry ingredients in a larger bowl.
  • Pour wet ingredients into dry - mix well until smooth consistency.
  • Drop onto medium heat (preheated) pan.  Flip over when each pancake begins to bubble on top.
  • Serve with vegan buttery spread (if desired) and maple syrup.

I added blueberries to a batch yummm! I make pancakes one to two times a week freeze them and serve them to my Hunny for breakfast. This is a lifesaver because at 5:30 a.m. im not focused enough to follow recipes haha.
Enjoy!
Jeni 

3 comments:

  1. This sounds realaly good and quick to make.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes girl they are and trust me they are very very good!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails